Oct 4, 2010

Benefits In Eating Carrots

Before I hate carrots, but the other day I tried eating one whole piece of carrot and it tasted so good. I heard many times from others that eating carrots is really healthy and good for the body. Since my hubby bought many fresh and crispy carrots I must try to eat from time to time. I read some facts about it tonight and indeed I am convinced to eat more and more.

Carrots contain a large amount of antioxidant compounds which help to protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer. The high intake of carotene has been linked with a 20 percent decrease in postmenopausal breast cancer and up to a 50 percent decrease in the cancers of the cervix, bladder, colon, prostate, larynx, and esophagus. Extensive studies have shown that a diet that includes at least one carrot per day could cut the rate of lung cancer in half.

Carrots also offer an excellent source of fiber, vitamin K, and biotin. They are a good source of vitamins B6 and C, potassium, and thiamine
.


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More